Learn more about my experiences, skills and education.
Design Engineer @ PlaidFeb 2022 – Present | Remote
- Responsible for leading the technical direction and planning for Threads, Plaid's design system.
- Created principles for authoring React code and conducting front-end testing.
- Spearheaded the roll-out of the design system documentation site using the NextJS framework.
- Build scalable and accessible UI components in React and Typescript.
Senior UX Engineer @ MailChimpApr 2019 – Jan 2022 | Brooklyn, New York
- Collaborated closely with designers and engineers to develop, document, and maintain Wink, MailChimp’s design system.
- Supported a product redesign by building performant, scalable, and accessible UI components for around 200 engineers.
- Created a dynamic design system documentation site using GatsbyJS.
- Led the quarterly user research campaigns to understand the design system customers with qualitative and quantitative research.
Design Technologist @ Memorial Sloan KetteringJun 2018 – Apr 2019 | New York, New York
- Built and maintained UI components for a clinician-facing platform using Typescript, React, Sass, Jest, and Lerna.
- Conducted user research to learn and prioritize features for the design system.
- Facilitated an UI audit to uncover opportunities for creating consistence patterns.
Product Designer @ JustworksJul 2017 – May 2018 | New York, New York
- Led the product design efforts to redesign the health renewals flow for both the employees and employers which lead to a 98% renewal rate.
- Collaborated with other designers and engineers to maintain the design system.
- Heavily involved in D&I groups such as Black Leadership Alliance.
Product Designer @ NASDAQFeb 2014 – Jun 2017 | New York, New York
- Conducted user research, discovery interviews, and usability tests.
- Collaborated closely with product and engineering teams to develop and launch new products, which include IR Insights and IR Analytics.
- Co-Led two data visualization projects that standardized the styling and interactions of charting throughout NASDAQ products.
Web Developer @ Vendome GroupJul 2012 – Feb 2014 | New York, New York
- Designed conference websites that helped gain new sponsors and increase attendance.
- Boosted traffic to Vendome's product websites by designing responsive email newsletters.
- Created digital interactive magazines for various publications that reached thousands of viewers each month.
Freelance Front-End Developer @ Reactive MediaJul 2012 – Aug 2012 | Brooklyn, New York
- Developed an email template and built a web page for a high-performance cycling company.
Freelance Front-End Developer @ KettleMay 2012 – Jun 2012 | Brooklyn, New York
- Developed a 30-page web design mock-up into a static website using HTML and CSS.
Web Designer / Front-End Developer @ dzine itMar 2011 – May 2012 | New York, New York
- Created graphic designs for promotional materials and websites.
- Optimized websites and monitored their statistics using Google Analytics and other Web Master tools.
Postgresql, Express, React, Node.js, Jest, Playwright, Gatsby, and NextJS
Git/Github, CLI, npm, webpack, jira, and Figma
User Research, Usability Testing, Rapid Prototyping, Wireframing, and UI animation
University at Buffalo, SUNY
Buffalo, NY | June 2010
BA, Studio Art & Economics
American University at Rome
Rome, Italy | Fall 2008